Sunday 21 October 2012

I'm back!

Hello, hello, hello!

Long time no see!  I have had a combination of a couple of really busy weeks leaving me no real time to write a post, followed by a rather quiet time with nothing much to write about!

Bit of disappointment on the Hobbycraft front.  The project I was going to do for them was for Children in Need but unfortunately timescales were against us so we have agreed to postpone this until next year.

I have had another couple of workshops over the last month ..........


... this one at Countess Wear Village Hall (above)


.... and this one at the Courtenay Centre!

I'm very pleased to say that a great time and lots of fun was had by all - oh! and the girls all learnt to crochet!

Felting
I have started a wet felting course and am about half way through now.  Wet felting is something I didn't think I would ever get into, but I am really enjoying this so far.

Here are my finished pieces over the last few weeks
I have been waiting for my last piece, the grey pot, to dry out thoroughly and now I think I may embellish it with a bit of needle felting and maybe a crochet edging.  Next week we are making a small 3d  purse and then we start working on our final piece.  Not sure what to choose yet but think I may make a bag.

Embroidery
I bought a new book recently, just because I fancied it!  Here it is A Rainbow of Stitches


It is full of embroidery templates which I am sure will come in very handy one day.  Here is the first one I tried - a very simple 'puddy tat'


Off to join in Handmade Monday this evening, the first time in a good few weeks, so why not make yourself a cup of tea and take a bit of 'me' time to follow me over there to see what all the wonderful crafters have been up to.

Thank you for reading and I'll try and finish my pot for next week, hopefully I'll be back on track from now on.



19 comments:

  1. Congrats on all your positive feedback for your classes. I love wet felting, it is really great fun to do. Cannot wait to see some more embroidery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cat is very good. Looks like a book to put on my Christmas list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue and green circle designs, and the little red cat looks very cheeky! The embroidery book looks a worthwhile addition to my Christmas list too!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. great news that your classes are going so well!

    sounds like you've had some fun trying out new things too :) i look forward to seeing your little felted pot when its finished!

    its a shame that the hobby craft project has been postponed but when you do get to complete it next year i'm sure it will be all the better for having had enough time to do it justice x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the Hobbycraft project - I always expect to see Chester when I pop into our local one (maybe you should suggest that every store needs one?). Your crafting looks great - a very good standard already! Well done. Congratulations on your workshops - they look to have been really successful. Hope you continue to have fun trying out new things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wet felting is looking good, and your little cat is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the little cat :) seems to be cats everywhere this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cat is lovely as is your felt. I look forward to seeing the completed pot, it sounds as if it will be fab.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing photos of your classes and wished I lived nearer as I would join in! Loving the felting too. That's another thing I'd love to learn one day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your class looks fun and the crocheting that was done is fab. I like the little embroidery, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see the finished pot, would love to try making one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back Alison, we have missed you. Your blog post is lovely, full of great news. Well done on the feedback - always very welcome. Look forward to seeing your future makes from the book - the cat is (needless to say for me) lovely. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting to see your felting. I have always fancied doing it, but not got round to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad classes are going well and I love the little cat cushions. Not been tempted into felting as yet but your pieces are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cat looks lovely. What lovely comments you received from your class and their creations look fab.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you to everyone for all your lovely comments. It's good to be back. I really appreciate them all - See you next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yey to getting positive comments for your class! :) Looks like you have had lots of fun trying out new things.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love seeing what you get up to. The only problem is I don't live nearer! :( I did a wet felting workshop a couple of years ago and made a bag. I think it is a good way to keep fit! I really ached the next day, all that rolling. I think Taffy and Chester would enjoy Tai Chi in a Pumpkin Patch...it would sort their energies out...take them along...pleeaase... :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the lovely comments you leave so thank you for taking precious time to do this.