Sunday 17 March 2013

Extreme Crochet Teeny Weeny Update!

I'm going to need your help for this post!  Nothing too taxing though I assure you :)

First of all Chester is going on an outing next weekend!  He has been asked to appear at the Lustleigh Horticultural Society's Spring Show! Ooooh Errrrr!!


I thought it may be appropriate for Chester to take some flowers along!  Well I'm beginning to have second thoughts!


Those of you who know me may have already seen my extreme crochet flower, so I thought if I did a few more to look like real flowers - Bob's your uncle!  So to speak!


So here's my daffodil.  Difficult to show the scale, but easily as large as the blue one if not slightly bigger.


The trouble is I need 2 or 3 more for Saturday and I'm trying to decorate the house too, and go to work - help!  Time is not on my side!

Wish me luck!
I'll let you know how I get on :)

Now, to the bit I need your help for!! 
You may remember I showed you a teeny weeny bear I was making.  Well he is now finished and here he is :)


I photographed him next to a primrose in the garden to give him a sense of scale.


And a few more just for good measure!

The trouble is at the moment he is known as Little Ted.  But, I think he needs a BIGGER name as he is such a tiny teddy!  
What do you think?

I thought if I asked you all nicely, you may just come up with one or two suggestions?
Do you think you can help me with this?

I'm off to give some thought to my next extreme crochet flower and to have a quick peak over at Handmade Monday
Have a good week all of you and do pop back next week to see how I get on
Bye x

29 comments:

  1. I really like the flowers. How long do they take you? (If you don't mind me asking that is.) How about Hugo? (Thinking about Huge?) Goliath? Probably not any good but at least I can say I tried!! good luck with the decorating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crocheting of the flowers doesn't take that long, about an hour maybe. What does take the time is preparing the yarn. Depending on what colour I'm using I may only have a couple of cones. This means to get my 20 strands I have to roll 20 balls from these two cones!!

      I like your thinking about the names!

      Delete
  2. I love the way you use a bottle of wine to help us imagine the scale of your flower - something I am very familiar with!!
    How about Brutus Bear? And I also like Goliath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was it a wine bottle? Can't say I'd noticed ;) Some good name choices too :)

      Delete
  3. WOW those flowers are amazing! I struggle with small flowers! I doubt I'd have wine left in the bottle if I attempted one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have made the assumption it was the first bottle! Lol!

      Delete
  4. Those flowers are wonderful! Really clever. How about Hagrid as a name for your Tiny Bear? We all thing lovable giant when we hear that name.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the flowers- the daffodil is great!
    Little Ted is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what contrasts, tiny teddy, huge flowers!! - the giant flowers are stunning!!!! what size crochet hook do you use or do you use something else?
    20 strands of yarn!? wow thats amazing - i'd love to try some extreme crochet! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crochet hook I used for this one is 24mm, sometimes I use a 28mm. If you'd like to try it for yourself, my husband makes the hooks and I do sell them for £8 each. It's a very useful way of using up your yarn stash in one go!

      Delete
  7. Nice to see Chester again. He is looking very relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is rather laid back in this picture :) I think he's looking forward to the Spring Show :)

      Delete
  8. Your giant size flowers are awesome!! They would make such lovely bright and cheery house decorations :)

    Aww little Ted is so cute :) Maybe you could cal him Ben as in Big Ben.. he he! sorry, a bit corny!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely flower designs. You are quite talented in crochet in order to crochet that many strands of yarn and it comes out perfect! Beautiful flowers to remind us of spring. Have a great week! Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just trying out a daffodil in 'normal' crochet size, it's proving more awkward than the extreme one!

      Delete
  10. What amazing contrasts - from one extreme to another. I love Little Ted but can't think of names at the moment. If I get a lightbulb moment I'll pop back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really gorgeous flowers. Well done Chester on being invited to the Horticultural Show. Not much imagination today, but I do think the suggestion of Hagrid as the name for Little Ted is a good one. hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give the name some thought. Thank you for your help :)

      Delete
  12. Wow, I love the huge flowers - they're amazing! And Little Ted is SO cute! I'm afraid I can't think of any names at the moment. Have a lovely week, Simmi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, have a good week too. Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  13. Such a size difference! I bet they both carry they're own challenges! A friend of mine just got a chihuahua puppy called Hercules and it seems to suit him! I've been trying to think of other serious names for big people but Goliath gets my vote :) Wish Chester a super time at the Spring Show from me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goliath seems to be quite popular. I'll have a think. Thanks for your help :)

      Delete
  14. How about Trojan Ted, love the flowers, not seen the dafodil before x. love Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the flowers have been created especially for Chester's appearance at the Spring Show on Saturday. Good name suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you have had success with getting your flowers made - I'm listening to Gardeners Question Time as I write this but I don't think they'd be much help!!
    I can only think of Hyacinth as a name for your bear - in Greek myth Hyacinth was a beautiful youth loved by the god Apollo and the West Wind, Zephyr - and he is a beautiful bear!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've managed to finish my flowers, I'll try and show you all a picture soon. I love the thought process you used to come up with a name :) Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the lovely comments you leave so thank you for taking precious time to do this.