I chose to use cotton sash cord as it is soft and pliable and still gives a chunky effect. You can see from the pictures below the size of the stitches in comparison with the 50p piece. Having finished the crocheting I was then presented with the problem of how to join the two sides together. The picture, bottom left, shows how I solved this problem.
My next dilemma took a lot of thought. I wanted to make the cushion cover removable for cleaning so this meant finding some way of fastening an opening. A zip would have been impossible to sew in and buttons would have added to the cost. So I put it to one side for a while and kept returning to it hoping for a 'light bulb' moment! I finally decided on toggles and the pictures below show the result.
And ta dah! Here is the finished product.
I hope you like the finished Cushion.
It is very difficult to do it justice in the photos.
I have sent it off now so keep your fingers crossed the shop like it too!
This is the first one as a sample, if it is accepted I will be able to crochet different sizes and colours.
I'll keep you posted!
I am off to grab myself a cup of tea and settle down with Handmade Monday.
See you there.
Have a good week!