Monday 20 February 2012

Knitted Wire Brooch Workshop - Countess Wear Village Hall

Hi there!  Happy Monday!

Have had a very busy weekend with my daughter's birthday.  She and her boyfriend cooked a meal for 16 on Saturday night.  Absolutely delicious :) Just managed to seat everyone at the dining table! Our other daughter and her boyfriend came to stay for the weekend too. So lots of fun, eating and drinking all weekend :)

Today I have been busy starting to think about the Knitted Wire Brooch Workshop I am running at Countess Wear Village Hall http://www.countesswearvillagehall.co.uk/vh/Courses.html  If you are interested in any of the courses on offer here, please contact them via the link to their website.
Here is the kind of brooch we will be making.   
I have started measuring out the wire so everyone can have a choice of colour.
Still a few more to go as we may have up to 12 crafters.
Glass pearls for the centre of the brooch.  Oooh which colours to order?
Would you believe that this has taken me all afternoon to sort out and I'm still not finished!

Chester
Unfortunately Chester has ground to a halt until I can decide what to stuff his arms and legs with!
I emailed a foam company to see if they could help with any waste bits of foam but they haven't got back to me yet!  Maybe I shall have to try somewhere else.

Taffy
Taffy is relaxing at the moment and having a fitting for his new boots, kindly being made for him by my daughter! The birthday weekend and Uni work seem to have got in the way though!  Should be finished soon hopefully.

Needle Felting

I've been having a play on something a little smaller than Chester recently!  This is a tiny needle felted picture which is a fraction under 2" square.  It is made completely from scraps of carpet yarn needle felted together.  It's not backed on felt or any fabric and was done using a single needle.  I really must invest in one of those multiple needles!  This is my first attempt at something like this so the picture was made up as I went along.  I shall have to see if I can find a few inspiring designs so I can try another one.

Ok, shall be at work for the next 3 days so not too much time for crafting :( boo hoo! but needs must.

Folksy
Just a last minute thought!  I've got a small shop on Folksy (only two items on there at the moment!) and am thinking of getting organised on the selling front and putting more items on.  If you've had any experience with Folksy or Etsy I would love to here how well your items sold or didn't as the case may be!

Thank you for taking time to read my ramblings, I've enjoyed my little chat with you all :)  I read, appreciate and reply to all comments you leave so please feel free to stop by for a chat.  
Bye, see you all again soon!




8 comments:

  1. Oooo the beads and wire look pretty...wish I was a bit closer. Poor old Chester is looking a bit flat footed, well flat legged, I probably have enough odd socks around my house that would plump him up a bit. Lucky Taffy having a big Sis to make him new boots, he will be as proud as punch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought of old socks! Think I could find a few of those, better wash them first though! Lol!
    Hopefully Taffy's boots are the first of his much needed 'accessories'! A coat might be nice to keep him warm on our walks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your blog, thankyou. I didn't know knitted wire could look so attractive, good luck with your workshop.
    I must look back and see who Taffy is, he sounds intriguing, hope he likes his new boots when he gets them. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the brooch looks so intricate! I'm sure your workshop will be inspiring.
    I see on Etsy and Folksy - I sell more on Etsy I think because it is bigger and I sell a fair amount to the USA. I also think it is a slicker shop setup - Folksy always seems to take longer to add an item to my shop. But it is worth being on both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely knitted wire looks - just like silver. Hope the workshop goes well and you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the knitted wire and hope the workshop goes well - good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Knitted wire? That's something new! It looks great though. Good luck with the workshop. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you to all of you for taking time to leave your lovely comments and glad you like the wire brooch. I'll let you know how the workshop goes.
    Taffy gets up to all sorts of adventures! He's been to the Eden Project and rock climbing on one of our walks! He told me he was looking forward to trying his new boots out this weekend if they are finished in time! Happy crafting x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the lovely comments you leave so thank you for taking precious time to do this.